Check your own answer.
1. If you don't take exercise you ___ the risk of getting ill
2. He was ___ with embezzlement and sentenced to three years in prison.
3. If you are ___ with this test, perhaps you should attempt an easier one.
4. Insulation was fitted to ___ further heat loss from the building.
5. We are all ___ the opinion that hydrocarbons in the atmosphere contribute to global warming.
6. ___ had we sold out our stock when the markets crashed.
a. If only
e. No sooner
7. I can't ___ thinking that we made a mistake in our calculations -- the total is too high.
8. I dread ___ what would have happened if there'd been an accident.
b. to think
c. to thinking
d. the thought
9. Can you wait thirty seconds while I ___ in to the Post Office for some stamps?
10. The chess players tried very hard to ___ each other with every move in the tournament.